Cannot start the designer after an upgrade to Ignition 7.7.6

Hi to all
I upgraded ignition from 7.6.x to 7.7.6
Now the gateway starts correctly but I cannot start the designer and the clients vision.
I have a exception of java when it try to start the designer.jnlp ( see error below).
I’m using the last verion of Java ( 1.8.73)

Can you help me?

[attachment=1]start error.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]exception.PNG[/attachment]

Thank you very much

Andrea

It doesn’t like the underscore in your gateway’s URL, but that should be a valid character… :scratch:

Hi
It’s very strange, because before of the upgrade from 7.6 to 7.7.6 and of Java everything worked correctly.

Can you help me?

Andrea

[quote=“andrea.minu”]Hi
It’s very strange, because before of the upgrade from 7.6 to 7.7.6 and of Java everything worked correctly.

Can you help me?

Andrea[/quote]

I think you will need to change the hostname of the gateway so that it is valid for use inside a URL.

I’m not sure what exactly changed between 7.6 and 7.7 that would cause this yet, but the URI/URL syntax parsing is built into Java and an underscore is not legal in a hostname. I’ll ask around and see if we changed something about how the JNLP is generated?

Hi kevin
I tried to replicate the problem in a other PC , i called the PC as “VM_Win7” , with the underscore character.

So i called the designer with the following link
VM_Win7:8088/main/system/launch/ … igner.jnlp

I used the same version of Ignition and the same version of Ignition, and everything works correctly, so I think not related to only to the underscore

Andrea

Sorry !!
I my previous post there is a little confusion :confused:
I have used the same version of Java and igntion.

What are the contents of the JNLP file on the system that works?

Hi
What do you mean about contents.?

Where I check the its contents?

Thanl you very much

Andrea

According to Oracle, Java will not accept an underscore in the host name and is working as designed.
Can you launch with the server IP address instead?

The underscore _ character is accepted in a DNS record but not in a URL Host names.

I just mean open the JNLP in a text editor so we can see what’s inside.