Can't launch form client-pc

Hi,
When I launch from a cliënt-pc, I got this java-error:

[code]CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Documents and Settings\brigadier\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RKMT1ALA\test[1].jnlp]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\brigadier\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RKMT1ALA\test[1].jnlp (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/code]

What’s the cause of this?

grtz

This is a problem some people seem to have with IE6, that is (usually) due to the IE cache being full. Can you confirm whether or not you’re using IE6? And - does clearing the temporary files help?

Hi

I’m indeed working with IE6. It is a older system. Installing other browsers on my own is not the option, simple because we have a very conservative IT-staff here. I just have emptied the content.IE5 folder. Doesn’t work also. Are there other options?

[update] I’ve just changed the temporary internet files folder to an other, less secured, location(other drive). The problem isn’t solved either. The file test[1].jnlp isn’t visible in the content.IE5 folder. It seems that IE doens’t save the file on disk at all.

[update2] Solution found: I’ve copied manually the test.jnlp to the client-computer. I’ve dicovered that the test.jnlp file is just a plain XML-file. In that file there is a url 192.168.0.98/…, the IP-address of the server(designer-pc). Saved, it, and started the file manually. Then is worked. Maybe, there should be a direct link to the jnlp-file in the ‘Welcome to the Ignition Gateway’ Screen, where you can download and open-up the file manually in case of problems.

T

thnks

We do support IE6, but at this point, somewhat grudgingly. Your IT staff should know that IE6 is no longer a "conservative" choice. It is a serious liability. Check out stopie6.com

Ok, on with our regularly scheduled program...

You're the second person in 1 week to report this. We haven't been able to reproduce it, so we're not quite sure what is the underlying cause.

Yes this will work. I suppose we could have an option to disable the javascript that is helping the main page launch and detect Java, and have the links go directly to the JNLP instead. That might help these older browsers, and certainly would make it easier to get the JNLP directly.