Can't perform a restore after version update

Just attempted to update our gateway to 7.5. Before doing it, created a backup of project and gateway.
Gateway is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard w/sp1

Upon performing the update, it bombed out with an error. I then uninstalled and reloaded 7.4.3. It went through fine. But now when I attempt to do a restore of the app, it goes out to lunch on ‘Gateway status: STOPPING’. The service is in fact running. But apparently the webapp can’t control it.
I blew away my license when uninstalling, but I’ll cross that bridge later. Any suggestions?

When you open up the web browser and navigate to the gateway home page, if it looks like it isnt doing anything try refreshing the page. Also, take out anything in the address bar that isnt localhost:8088 and refresh

It still just got hung up on stopping. I did try it from a client box and was able to get it back running again from there. So anyway, out of the woods for now. Will call Vannessa about my license tomorrow as it’s late here. Thanks

Okay, if you want, you can email me at support@inductiveautomation.com with your cd key and I can get it taken care of for you right now.

OK, I’ll do it now.

I will get it taken care of for you, I will just reply back to your email confirming that your good to go. So if you need to take off then it will be there for you in the morning.

Has this been resolved? Every time I try to restore a 7.4.2(32-bit) backup on 7.51(32-bit) the service crashes and has to be uninstalled and re-installed.

~also on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2

Navigate to C:\users\username and delete the .ignition folder. This should fix the issue for you.

Ok, this might be separate issue. I will post in a new thread. Please delete/migrate my posts on this thread.

Locking this post. Continued support on other thread at

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=8723