Can't start FPMI Service, Error 1067

Hello, I’m running FactoryPMI (version 3.3 something? Not sure how to find the version number if I can’t start the service) on a Windows SBS2003 machine. Last night, windows update ran and installed a security update, and then automatically restarted the server. Since then I have not been able to start the FactoryPMI service.

When I try to start the service manually from the services manager, it says “Could not start the FactoryPMI Service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.”

I assumed that the windows security update was the problem, so I uninstalled it, but no luck. The service still won’t start. Is there some sort of dependency that I don’t know about? Have you seen this problem before? Where would you even start to troubleshoot it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Philip

Typically you can’t start the service because Java was either uninstalled or upgraded and the path changed. If you look in the Windows registry from Start -> Run and type regedit, you will see the path FactoryPMI is using for Java under:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FactoryPMI\ParametersThe name is JVM Library and the path points to the right Java jvm.dll. You may have to change the path if it does not exist.