Change values of Client tags in runtime when launching

Hello!

I have a question.

We have one application we are planning to launch on many clients.

The problem is. We need to set values on client tags when the application is being launch on a client.

Example:

There is a client tag name ToolID set on the designer.

and we set it say to the value of “Tool 1”

We can launch the application for the client Tool 1.
But we cannot launch the application to Tool 2 and Tool 3 so on so forth. Because its still seeing the Tool 1 on the ToolID client tag.

We need to change the client tags per client when launching the application.

Is there any way we can do this?

Thank you!

perhaps in a client on startup script? you can look at an ip address or username or something and set your client tag value to whatever you need.

1 Like

Our problem is every client differs from one another.
Say we set toolid = tool1 on the designer.
That toolid tag needs to change on every client.

If we do something on the client script.
I think it wont be able to cater the changes on every client.

whats different about each client? are certain ip addresses or pc names a specific tool? certain logins will always be a specific tool?

I guess I am not understanding your exact scenario, but you can definitely set the client tag value using the on startup client script. you just need to find a way to identify the client that needs to be tool1, and the client that needs to be tool2, etc. then you write your on startup script to accommodate that identification method.

1 Like

[quote=“diat150”]whats different about each client? are certain ip addresses or pc names a specific tool? certain logins will always be a specific tool?

I guess I am not understanding your exact scenario, but you can definitely set the client tag value using the on startup client script. you just need to find a way to identify the client that needs to be tool1, and the client that needs to be tool2, etc. then you write your on startup script to accommodate that identification method.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.
My first option was to create .ini file that contains values of those changing tags and add those to our start up script.

2nd option would be your suggestion to match the ip addresses.

Thanks a lot!