Changing buttons background loses buttons visual effect

Yes, I know but that’s not the point.
The point is that is taking them (IA) so long (years) to fix something basic as the button component which is IMNSHO the most essential component of every user interface.

Agreed. However, I’m not sure discussing on this forum is going to do much good. You need to get with your sales rep and voice complaints. Keep them coming on a weekly basis and the more people that complain the better chance it will be fixed sooner. I feel your frustration as I have gone through the same thing on other issues.

Start an idea on the ideas site and link to it from here so we can up vote it. The more votes, the higher its priority

It’s been 9 months since I first complained about this and I just upgraded to version 8.1. Posting on this forum hasn’t helped me or anyone else on this thread. I still have an open ticket with support and while the support tech agree its a problem they haven’t been able to expedite a solution either. Today I will report it to my sales rep (per jlandwerlen’s suggestion) and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi all. I totally understand the frustration here.

This issue is part of a collection of UI issues that we are working to coordinate fixes for with the provider of our Swing Look & Feel. I know it is frustrating upgrading and hoping this is fixed, only to find that it is not. All I can do at this point is assure you that our attention is focused in this direction right now, so you should see action soon. I will update this thread when there is tangible movement on this, including once I have some better time-frame information.

r.popeszku, I don’t know if you’ve reached out to your sales rep yet, but if not, you can probably skip it. All they’re going to do is come talk to me, and I’m already aware.

4 Likes

Yep, I reached out to Shaun today and he is the one who helped escalate the problem to you. I think everyone has been waiting a long time for a solution to this issue and I am glad you are looking into it.
Rudy

Curious if there has been any progress made on this issue?

It’s not fixed and released yet, but yes we’ve made progress towards getting a whole collection of UI Look and Feel problems fixed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response!