Changing Dock Handle Colour

I am interested in using a dock handle to show if a user is logged in.

I believe you need to use the style sheet resource to achieve this:
Dynamically Change/Animate Docked View Handle Icon

My knowledge of CSS and how to actually achieve this ran out. Getting the information into a session property is easy, but I have no idea how to animate that dock colour using the style sheet.

Please point me in the right direction.

Assume the newest version of Ignition.

I'll have to think about this for awhile, but I don't think you'll be able to manage this. The problem you'll run into is going to be changing the color based on a session state, but our built-in Session pieces (Docked Views, Popups, Notifications) don't allow for specifying their styling/appearance based on conditions because there's nothing in the Designer aside from behavioral configurations.

I think your best option is going to be to use a changeScript on session.props.auth.username and when the value is not None or an empty string use system.perspective.alterDock() to modify the Docked View.

I would much prefer to use system.perspective.alterDock, but the handle color doesn't seem to be exposed.

The dock auto hides, for space purposes, and I want to use the handle as a hint to open the dock

Ah, yah, we don't even expose the color during Docked View configuration. I'll try to remember to open a feature request for this when I am next in the office. For now, I don't see an avenue to achieve this.

1 Like