Changing the Colors on a Perspective Valve

Hey there! I’ve been in the early stages of moving all of our Vision projects over to Perspective, and I had a question regarding the Valve component, though it really applies to other components as well:

I know they have pre-existing states, and I’ve been successful binding the tag values to those states…but is there any way to change the colors of said pre-existing states? I’ve tried adding an additional transform on the tag binding, and it doesn’t seem to want to do anything.

Are those pre-existing states, and their color schemes, all that can exist? Can you add additional states? Can you change the color of existing states? I’ve looked through the manual, but I’m in the process of learning HTML in earnest, so I might have overlooked something I should have seen.

Thanks for the help in advance!

It is possible to do with theming, but it isn't exactly straight forward. There is currently a feature request to make it easier.

This topic should get you what you're looking for.

1 Like

It might be a good time to review the latest recommendations on High Performance HMI YouTube video series by RealPARS. Of particular relevance will be the recommendations on use of colour.

I’m starting to think you get paid for those links… lol

Ha! No. I only came across them recently and thought that they were interesting. We see too many horrendous HMIs. Colour should be used sparingly and each colour should have a meaning.

2 Likes

I’ve followed them for a bit. Good but minimal knowledge. And i dont really wanna spend money on the standard for the full deets lol