Chart component

Hey guys, here with another question, I been messing around chart component of designer and I’m not sure what i’m trying to do is possible.
I have 3 data sets that all they do is grab a t_stamp and a integer value(total parts made in a shift) from the table, I have 3 shifts so 3 datasets, looks fine, does what it suppose to. as you see in the screenshot each dot on the 3 lines is a value that was grabbed from the DB, is it possible if I click on a point more information regarding that shift appears on the screen? I don’t want to add anymore lines to the chart, just like to show some more info based on the dot client is clicking on. Thanks

I would build a custom popup context menu for it and then do something based on the user selection.

On the Mouse Released of the chart do something like
(BUTTON2 is the mousewheel button on windows)
You would put your code in the result section of each.
You could grab the start time, end time of the chart and fill a power table, open another window using the charts datasets, etc. The possibilities are endless actually.

if event.button == event.BUTTON2:
    def getShiftA(event):
        result = system.gui.messageBox("You Selected Shift A") 
    def getShiftB(event):
        result = system.gui.messageBox("You Selected Shift B")
    def getShiftC(event):
        result = system.gui.messageBox("You Selected Shift C") 
    def getAllShifts(event):
        result = system.gui.messageBox("You Selected All Shifts")

names = ["Shift A More Info", "Shift B More Info", "Shift C More Info", "All Shifts More Info"]
    functions = [getShiftA,getShiftB, getShiftC, getAllShifts]
    menu = system.gui.createPopupMenu(names, functions)
    menu.show(event,event.x,event.y)

Interesting, I will definitely give that a try and let you know on the progress. Thanks!

MMaynardUSG, Is it possible to use the auto rang on an axis( in my case Y axis) and also be able to specify how the numbers show up, in my case I’d like to see 0,100,200,300…
Only thing I could think of was the number format overwriting but I could’t find any sort of examples on it to see what it means by “number format changing”…

The actual JChart component has a property called Step, but it doesn’t seem to be exposed by Ignition.
Someone with a deeper knowledge of how to expose the properties could probably show you how to modify that.

[quote=“MMaynardUSG”]The actual JChart component has a property called Step, but it doesn’t seem to be exposed by Ignition.
Someone with a deeper knowledge of how to expose the properties could probably show you how to modify that.[/quote]
It’s not a big deal, I was just curious to know if it is possible doing that using a chart component.