Chart Issue

Hi I have a small issue with all of my charts. The chart seems to always display the highest point of the Y axis at the top. When you have all of the values in a series near that highest value, it moves everything to the top of the chart instead of the middle. This makes the data really hard to read in a lot of cases, unless we manually change the range, which is what I did below. When it auto ranges, the data looks like a small line across the top. I can post my Y Axis settings if that will help too.

I need to use the auto range since we have multiple data sets (same data different lines) that use this chart and their values can vary greatly from each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi r_beall,

By the photo you have attached I can assume that you used the “Chart” graph… can I ask you: why didn’t you used the “Easy Chart” graph? I have used it several times, I can asure that it autorange, it’s really easy to use and works great!!

I cannot help you with the other graph!! Sorry!!

[quote=“r.dominguez”]Hi r_beall,

By the photo you have attached I can assume that you used the “Chart” graph… can I ask you: why didn’t you used the “Easy Chart” graph? I have used it several times, I can asure that it autorange, it’s really easy to use and works great!!

I cannot help you with the other graph!! Sorry!![/quote]

We usually find this one much easier, especially if you’re calling a stored procedure. I don’t like that I have to create each pen (in the easy chart), and that it makes multiple calls to the db instead of just making a stored procedure request and returning a data set.

To add pens in an “Easy Chart” you only have to drag any type of Tag from the Tag browser to the graphic…

In the Y axis settings, try adjusting the values for Lower Margin (% of range) and Upper Margin (% of range), this sets how much padding is above and below your data. If that doesn’t work post a cap of your Y axis settings.

I'm making database calls...and it needs to be dynamic (same data, different lines), using tags in this instance is pretty inefficient and creates unneeded database overhead.

Could you post the data that’s in the dataset returned from your stored procedure please? I would also like to see you Y axis settings.