Check Weighter

I have a question about how to create a tag for a checkweighter. We have a few Metler-Toledo in the plant and I would like to know if it is possible to also have them link to Ignition system. I am running a network fir all my equipment with the same IP group (192.168.1.xx) but all my check weighters have different IPs (170.123.56.xx).

1. Can I add them to my network?
    2)if so, do I have to change the IP on the checkweighter to match my network or can I keep the IPs unchanged?
    3)What device I have to select to configured it?
  2. Do I have to contact Metler-Toledo about this?
    . Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

[quote=“Cas Sena”]I have a question about how to create a tag for a checkweighter. We have a few Metler-Toledo in the plant and I would like to know if it is possible to also have them link to Ignition system. I am running a network fir all my equipment with the same IP group (192.168.1.xx) but all my check weighters have different IPs (170.123.56.xx).

1. Can I add them to my network?
    2)if so, do I have to change the IP on the checkweighter to match my network or can I keep the IPs unchanged?
    3)What device I have to select to configured it?
  2. Do I have to contact Metler-Toledo about this?
    . Any help would be greatly appreciated!![/quote]

what type of MT scales do you have? There is a module already developed to interface to some models:
http://marketplace.inductiveautomation.com/moduledetail?5&moduleId=63

I would but a second NIC in the Ignition gateway and keep the scales in their own subnet.

You can also multi-net your interface, which would require different steps depending on your OS. The better solution would be adding a second NIC, or using a VLAN.

Also, we have used the aforementioned module with MT scales a few years ago, worked great.

I will try to get the module then. Thanks