Client fallback mechanism in 8.x vs 7.9

There seem to be a difference between Ignition 7.9 and 8.02 in terms of client fallback behavior.

I have two Ignition servers - A and B - configured as “Independent”. The clients connect to server A (while server B is normally down).

In the Ignition settings, namely System -> Redundancy -> HTTP Addresses I provided the IP addresses of server A and server B.

Behavior in 7.9:
When server A goes offline, the client automatically pauses the session and starts searching for both server A and B. At some point, when server B is manually brought up the client reestablishes a connection to it.

Behavior in 8.02:
When server A goes offline the client pauses the session and only waits for server A to come back online. It does not look for server’s B presence, and even when server B is brought online the client is not aware and it does not connect to it.

Can the behavior in 7.9 be duplicated in 8.02?

I am not looking to set up the servers in a Master/Slave configuration. I prefer to power up the Slave (B) manually whenever I decide that the Master is no longer online. This is because I have other programs involved in the switch over that need to switch in a certain order.

Thanks

I tried this and found out that this only works (also on 7.9) if you run the client with .jnlp (in Ignition web site click on Launch button; you must have Java installed), not Native Client Launcher.
In NCL, even if you check out the ‘use bundled jre’, it doesn’t work…