Client Not Updating Popup Window

I’m making changes (adding a button, changing text) to a popup window in the Designer. When I click Save and Publish the client updates but the popup window still looks like the old version.

I’ve tried the following:

1. Rename the window and point my scripting to the new window. This works. When I change the name back to the original name the problem occurs again.
  2. Clear the java cache in the “Configure Java” program on the client. No effect.
  3. Close and reopen the client. No effect.

Running Ignition 7.7.5 with Java 8 update 91

I found that if I run the staging version of the project my changes do appear. However the Publish Mode is set to Auto so I shouldn’t need to do that I think?

Hi

Did you find any resolution to this issue? I am having a major problem with clients not syncing resources (I.e. Pop up windows, etc), in a similar vein to what you have described here. What made me prick up my ears is that you have exactly the same version of Java as I do, and I am wondering if this is my issue. I am running Ignition 7.8.3. Are you referring to the version of Java running on your clients or gateway?

I’d be interested in knowing your experiences on this one.

Regards
James

For the interest of anyone stumbling across this thread, my issue was caused by a known bug in Ignition 7.8.2 & 7.8.3 that caused sync problems during publishing. I recommend upgrading to 7.8.4 which has fixed this issue.