Client on RPi NOOBS 3.2

Ignition Server 7.8.5
RPi 3 model b
NOOBS 3.2

I am by far an expert with linux, but I have installed clients on RPi’s before with no problems. I installed a new version of NOOBS on my RPi which seems to have a better resolution which is good for my application of running clients and using the pre-installed VNC Server.

Problem I’m running into is after I have uncompressed the tar.gz and run the .sh I get the desktop icon. When I click on the icon ignition downloading screen pops up and starts downloading the project, but about four seconds in I get an Error Launching screen saying:

Error launching application:
NoSuchMethodError:
java.util.jar.Pack200$Unpacker.addPropertyChangeListener(Ljava/beans/PropertyChangeListerner;)V

I’m assuming there is a a file dependant missing, but I have no clue where to start.

What version of Java do you have installed?

That’s not going to work with an older version of Ignition. You’ll probably need Java 7 or 8.

Gotcha, I will start there. Thanks

That worked, thank you!

1 Like

I’m just getting this now as well, Ignition 7.9.5, Java 8 u161. I started up a client from another site on the same machine with no issues; it is running Ignition 7.9.12.

Downloading "http://<HIDDEN>:8088/main/system/jar/m/jide-components-3.5.13.jar" (timeout=60000)...
Connect successful.
Starting download of 94429 bytes
Download successful (in 206ms), unpacking...

Launch failed on step "DownloadJarsStep" with error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.jar.Pack200$Unpacker.addPropertyChangeListener(Ljava/beans/PropertyChangeListener;)V
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.downloadJar(DownloadJarsStep.java:210)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.access$100(DownloadJarsStep.java:50)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:87)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep$DownloadJarsAction.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:68)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.AbstractLaunchStep.runLockedAction(AbstractLaunchStep.java:95)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.BaseStep.runLockedAction(BaseStep.java:34)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.steps.DownloadJarsStep.run(DownloadJarsStep.java:65)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.AbstractStepRunner.run(AbstractStepRunner.java:33)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I’m getting this again on another machine when starting up the Designer… I’m not sure how I resolved it the last time I had it above :thinking:

Make sure you’re actually running/launching with Java 8 and not a newer version.

Java version is 8 u25x on that machine (can’t quite remember what number the x was)