Client run time questions

I’m trying out the Ignition trial right now. I have a few questions.

1. How do I go about disabling the functions in the blue bar across the top of the runtime window? The “Lock Screen”, “Switch User”, and “Logout” buttons.

2. How do I disable the feature that automatically locks the program after a certain amount of time?

3. The run time window resizes depending on the size of the window. How do I disable, or at least control that? Everything is a bit too… fluid for my tastes. I like things to be a big more locked down.

4. When I maximize the window, controls that I put at the far left of the screen in design mode show up 3 or 4 inches to the right. Why? Why don’t they stay at the left?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions, but these are a good start.

1 in the designer, project> client event scripts>menubar

2 you must have used one of the prebuilt templates, so I am going to guess that it is project> client event scripts> timer. one of the scripts will probably be something like this

if system.util.getInactivitySeconds() > 300: system.security.lockScreen()

3 not sure what you mean.

4 you need to read up on anchored vs relative layout constraints for your components on your windows. experiment with using anchored on the top and left sides of your components.

1 Like

all of diat150’s suggestions will work for you.

The answer to number for also work for number 3. This will help lock down what you see in the runtime client. If I am understanding you correctly. This will lock down the size of the component and prevent them from moving.