CLOSE_WAIT sockets when using Web Services & SUDS

Hello,

I’m experiencing constantly increasing number of CLOSE_WAIT sockets when I’m using SUDS library inside Gateway Event Scripts. Even the example code produces the same effect:

import system from suds.client import Client url = 'http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx?wsdl' client = Client(url) #print client print client.service.CelsiusToFahrenheit(10)

My server is:

JAVA:Oracle java version “1.8.0”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
same effect present on java 1.7 too

Ignition: 7.6.6 (b2014040112)

Under linux you can count close_wait socket with:

sudo lsof -iTCP -sTCP:CLOSE_WAIT|wc -l

On ignition restart all close_wait sockets are released.

Same effect persist in the script playground window, but the sockets are on my workstation pc.

Sorry for the late reply to this thread. This appears to be a bug that has been fixed in Jython 2.7. We are not able to update to this library as it is still in beta. We can update to this version when it becomes available. Our developers may have found a workaround for this issue by making a change to the suds library in the installation directory of Ignition. It is currently being ran through QA and will be added to the current build once we have ensured it corrects the close_wait socket issue.

Could you share this workaround?:

Regards

Not sure what version of Ignition you are using, or if you were using SUDS previously, but we removed SUDS back in the 7.8.3 release of Ignition. However, if you were previously using SUDS then it should continue to work. Any other questions you have related to this topic should be treated as a new topic and a new thread started. Thanks

Apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue in v7.9.4.

I've tried the original SUDS that was installed with the gateway, as well as the jurko suds fork.

I'd be very much interested to see what workaround the devs may have come up with.