Commentary panel

hi everybody!

I’ve been trying to set up a commentary panel. I followed instructions in the user manual, but It still doesn’t work. Can somebody help me?

First you need a table in the database to hold the notes. The table must have the following columns (data types are for MySQL):

ID (INT, primary key, auto-increment)
Username (VARCHAR(45))
Timestamp (DATETIME)
NoteText (LONGTEXT)
AttachmentName (VARCHAR(255)) (allows null)
Attachment (LONGBLOB) (allows null)
Sticky (TINYINT(1))

Once you have the table you can bind the data to the following SQL query:SELECT ID, Username, Timestamp, NoteText, AttachmentName, Sticky FROM notesThe Insert Query 1 property should be:INSERT INTO Notes (NoteText, Username, Timestamp, Attachment, AttachmentName, Sticky) VALUES (?, '%s', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ?, ?, ?)Insert Query 2 should be blank. That is it! It should work once you have that.

Thanks Travis, the panel is working. Now I’m trying to make a dynamic panel. I created a new column in Notes, where i need to store a tag value. When this tag changes its value, the panel would show all the data where new_column is equal to that value.

How can I insert a tag value to Notes table from panel commentaries properties?

Well, the data property is bound to a SQL query so you can make it dynamic by adding a where clause using the tag’s value. The insert query and other queries are also properties and you can make them dynamic through expression bindings.

Will you post a link to this item in the manual?

You mean a link to the Comments Panel component itself? If so, there you go.