Comments Panel functionality in Perspective

Looking to replicate the comments Panel functionality in Perspective. I really like Perspective for a front end, especially when it comes to building input screens for staff. Was wondering if I was missing something on a commenting standpoint.
Backup plan right now is to build my own view with text entry and a table of comments from a DB

cheers thanks!

Funny that this topic came up; I implemented a Comments Panel in one of my own projects and was pleased with it, so I was planning on putting it up on the Ignition Exchange (after some more polish and documentation). If you don’t mind waiting a few days, I can post here when it’s finished. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would love that thanks!

Good news! It’s up on the Exchange now:

I tried to leave detailed instructions. It’s a lot simpler if you don’t need file upload functionality. If you have any questions or feedback, I created a thread in the Ignition Exchange category of the forums here. Sorry for the wait! I originally didn’t have file upload capabilities, and it took a long time to get that working. :grimacing:

1 Like

Kirsten thanks! I’ll check this out

Hi,

Which version of Ignition does this require?

It was made in version 8.0.8, so it should work on that version or any later version.

Hi Daniel,

I get the following error when I try to use the add note panel :

Error running action ‘component.onActionPerformed’ on Components/Comments Panel@D$0:1/root/New Note/FlexContainer/Button: Traceback (most recent call last): File " ", line 24, in runAction NameError: global name ‘java’ is not defined

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.JythonExecException
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “function:runAction”, line 24, in runAction
NameError: global name ‘java’ is not defined

caused by org.python.core.PyException

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “function:runAction”, line 24, in runAction
NameError: global name ‘java’ is not defined

How do I resolve this error?