Comments template

Seeing as the comments can be confusing to get setup, here’s a template.
comments.vwin (9.06 KB)
comments.sql (381 Bytes)

Thanks for posting this, I’m sure it will be helpful for others.

It is helpful! This has proven to be one of the trickier components to master, but also can be very valuable to users.

Now how does this need to be modified to provide a parametrized window that is unique for each parent? Kind of like how the wiki notes template works…

Also, is there an easy to indicate when a new comment has been posted on a per-user basis? Sort of a unread note indicator that clears out once the comment window is opened?

I could probably tinker long enough to implement this… just wondering if anyone has done it already?

[quote=“jsham”]It is helpful! This has proven to be one of the trickier components to master, but also can be very valuable to users.

Now how does this need to be modified to provide a parametrized window that is unique for each parent? Kind of like how the wiki notes template works…

Also, is there an easy to indicate when a new comment has been posted on a per-user basis? Sort of a unread note indicator that clears out once the comment window is opened?

I could probably tinker long enough to implement this… just wondering if anyone has done it already?[/quote]

You’d need to add some sort of category index to the SQL table and then modify the query properties and the data binding on the comments component to reference a dynamic property.