Compatable?

Greetings,

I downloaded your software but havent had a chance to play with it yet. Seems like just what I have been looking for!

Not being an IT guy, and still in the research phase, I was wondering if you guys could give this product a once over and tell me if it would be compatable with your software.

http://www.smarthome.com/12230p.html

I’ve been looking for a way to integrate PLC’s and power line control for some time now. If it is compatable, your software may just be the bridge I have been looking for!

In one of the manuals it mentions that all one needs is a browser with Java. Again, not being an IT guy, I dont know how easy/difficult/impossible this would be.

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

Perhaps you could explain a bit more about what you are trying to do? Our software communicates with devices through an OPC server. There are OPC servers for virtually every PLC in existance. Are you trying to hook our software up to a PLC that communicates with this device? Are you trying to communicate with this device directly?

Perhaps our architecture diagrams would clear things up a bit: inductiveautomation.com/prod … hitecture/

Let us know some more details, we’d be happy to help you out.

Thanks for your interest,

What I would like to do is basically; use FPMI to communicate with this device instead of using there java HTML?

Ah, I see. FactoryPMI only communicates with databases. Our other product, FactorySQL, is an OPC-Database communication bridge. So you’d need an OPC server for that device in order to communicate with it. If it communicates through serial commands, there are serial OPC drivers.

Hope this helps,