Compile error: signModule FAILED

Hi
This is my first time trying to compile the SDK examples for the Perspective Component which should be easy but I got stock.

I do the following:

1. Download and install Java SDK 11
  2. Set JAVA path and JAVA_HOME (Cmd java -version show java version "11.0.2" 2018-10-16 LTS)
  3. Install IntelliJ
  4. Download perspective-component from GitHub and open it in IntelliJ

When I try to build the perspective-component I got the following error:

Some problems were found with the configuration of task ':signModule' (type 'SignModule').
  - In plugin 'io.ia.sdk.modl' type 'io.ia.sdk.gradle.modl.task.SignModule' property 'certFile' specifies file 'E:\Coding\perspective-component\null' which doesn't exist.

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

And, when I try to run ./gradlew build from the terminal I get the following error:

> Configure project :web
Build was configured to prefer settings repositories over project repositories but repository 'Node.js' was added by plugin 'com.github.node-gradle.node'
Required keystore file location not found.  Specify via flag '--keystoreFile=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.keystoreFile=<value>'
Required certificate file location not found.  Specify via flag '--certFile=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.certFile=<value>'

> Task :signModule FAILED
Required certificate alias not found.  Specify via flag '--certAlias=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.certAlias=<value>'
Required certificate file location not found.  Specify via flag '--certFile=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.certFile=<value>'
Required certificate password not found.  Specify via flag '--certPassword=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.certPassword=<value>'
Required keystore file location not found.  Specify via flag '--keystoreFile=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.keystoreFile=<value>'
Required keystore password not found.  Specify via flag '--keystorePassword=<value>', or in gradle.properties file as 'ignition.signing.keystorePassword=<value>'

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Some problems were found with the configuration of task ':signModule' (type 'SignModule').
  - In plugin 'io.ia.sdk.modl' type 'io.ia.sdk.gradle.modl.task.SignModule' property 'certFile' specifies file 'E:\Coding\perspective-component\null' which doesn't exist.

Reason: An input file was expected to be present but it doesn't exist.

Possible solutions:
      1. Make sure the file exists before the task is called.
      2. Make sure that the task which produces the file is declared as an input.

Please refer to https://docs.gradle.org/7.4.2/userguide/validation_problems.html#input_file_does_not_exist for more details about this problem.
  - In plugin 'io.ia.sdk.modl' type 'io.ia.sdk.gradle.modl.task.SignModule' property 'keystore' specifies file 'E:\Coding\perspective-component\null' which doesn't exist.

Reason: An input file was expected to be present but it doesn't exist.

Possible solutions:
      1. Make sure the file exists before the task is called.
      2. Make sure that the task which produces the file is declared as an input.

Thanks for any help.

Just skip module signing for initial development, by setting the skipModlSigning parameter on the plugin, as in this example:

1 Like