Component Scripting If statement based on tag value

I am trying to write a component script that will either display a message box or write a value to a tag based on the value of another tag. Here is what I have as of now:

if ‘[edge]PLC_3010_SJD_2/Test_Tag.value’ <> 0:
system.gui.messageBox(‘Pump Change Already in Progress… Please wait’)

else:

if system.gui.confirm("Are you sure you want to start system?","Confirm",1):
	tagpath ='[edge]PLC_3010_SJD_2/Controller:Global/F_3010_LSP_15' + event.source.parent.pump_number + '0_HMI_start'
	value = 1

system.tag.write(tagpath, value)
else:	
	end

The second if statement writing the value to a tag works fine. The initial if statement doesn’t seem to care what the value of the “Test_Tag” is. I am assuming I have the syntax wrong for "referencing a tag value, but I have not been able to find what the correct syntax is, or if its possible.

Should be
if system.tag.read(‘[edge]PLC_3010_SJD_2/Test_Tag').value<>0:

Thank you for the reply. The script does run with no errors, but the if statement runs regardless of the value of Test_Tag. When the value is 0 I still get the Message Box.

What type is Test_Tag?

Test_Tag is an integer. It is a memory tag that I am using for testing purposes only. The actual tag used will be an OPC Tag also an integer.

can you post the script after the changes recommended by @MMaynard, because assuming that Test_Tag value is actually 0 the script should work.

Apologies. I just double checked and I had kept the .value portion inside the parentheses when I updated. placing that portion outside the parentheses works.