Component Security - Security Settings won't open

Ignition 8.1.20
Windows 10 Enterprise

When I right click on a component, click Security,

I don't get the 'Security Settings' window that I see in the Ignition 8.1 User manual located [here]

(Component and Window Security - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation)

Am I missing a setting on the gateway to allow component security to be used?

Are you able to select security in the tab menu under the Property Editor?

I would try View → Reset Panels

If that doesn’t work maybe try deleting .ignition folder and restart the designer. It isn’t a bad idea to backup .ignition folder.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Has there been a resolution to this problem?

I had the same issue. I click the panel chooser, reset panels, click again on the panel chooser, security settings and it shows up

1 Like

That fixed it for me. Thank you!!

We are having this very issue on Ignition Version 8.42 in the Designer that property editor does not pop up. Did anyone find a solution? The Panel Reset option did not solve our issue

Are you sure you've selected a node in the designer tree that is Perspective related? Perspective properties won't show in other workspaces.

I am absolutely sure, as we are strictly working on the Vision system currently. We are trying to utilize the security feature on an individual window or just the root container of that window.

Solved with Ignition support, deleted cleared cache by deleting or .ignition folder