ComponentModel Unable to fire model event data for AlarmStatusTable

I'm getting a series of warnings in the log files, and I'm not sure where to trace this down from. It seems to be the alarm status object in perspective causing this.

java.io.IOException: Channel is not open.

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.PageModel.send(PageModel.java:249)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.lambda$fireModelEvent$2(ComponentModel.java:445)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.fireModelEvent(ComponentModel.java:452)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.fireEvent(ComponentModel.java:417)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.api.ComponentModelDelegate.fireEvent(ComponentModelDelegate.java:66)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.components.AlarmStatusTableModelDelegate$QueryAlarms.lambda$run$2(AlarmStatusTableModelDelegate.java:459)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.util.ExecutionQueue$PollAndExecute.run(ExecutionQueue.java:233)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What version? I believe this is a bug that was fixed fairly recently. Basically, upon closing a Perspective session in the browser, the underlying websocket is still kept active on the backend/Gateway for some period of time, in case the session is quickly resumed. The alarm status table wasn’t properly obeying that, so it was still polling for alarm information in that “inactive” state.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is in 8.0.4. Do you have the bug number handy / was it fixed in 8.0.5?

Looks like 8.0.5; bug 14070:

1 Like