Configure Query Binding

Morning Team,

I am back again with another question.

I have created a ‘namedQuery’ to do some pallet information look up from the db.

I have numerous racking locations and I created a pallet template to represent these locations in our warehouse (first pic).

I have also created a popup for the ‘namedQuery’ (third pic) that needs to reference the individual pallet’s location. So if I click on the green pallet a popup comes up with that specific bin information.

QUESTION - Is it possible to bind the value in the query binding so that when I click on a location it will use that BinLocation to look up the pallet information?

SELECT
    Clemens.pallets.lpn,
    Clemens.pallets.location,
    Clemens.pallets.sku,
    Clemens.pallets.lot_number,
    Clemens.pallets.qc_status,
    Clemens.pallets.timestamp,
    Clemens.pallets.inducted,
    Clemens.pallets.quantity,
    Clemens.pallets.sub_status,
    Clemens.pallets.status,
    Clemens.pallets.reason_code

FROM
    Clemens.pallets
WHERE
    Clemens.pallets.location =  :palLoc ;
[details="Summary"]
This text will be hidden
[/details]

Good morning Team,

Anyone have any ideas? I probably did a poor job of explaining what it is I wanted.

How is the pallet location stored in the database? Can it be derived from the name?

Yes the binLocation/pallet location is in the db, see pic.

Are you suggesting that I change each name to that of the actual bin location rather than ASRS Pallet Location_‘x’ ?

You need something to correlate the two. How does BinLoc ‘1 1 1 2 1 1’ correlate to the template?

Also the query you just showed makes no mention of the field in the WHERE clause of your namedQuery

The BinLoc 1 1 1 2 1 1 is the BinLocation in the params. That query was just an example of what the bins show in the db.

Is there anython in the DB that correlates to ASRS Pallet Location_x? Possibly something with a value of x, or that doesn’t have to be concatenated to give a value?

Yes, the BinLoc is in the db.

Then you should be albe to use the BinLocation parameter in the template in the named query, yeah?