Configuring a script action in perspective

I am writing my first script in perspective and notices some differences from vision. Will someone explain to me, in more detail than I get from the mouseover popup, what the selections are at the bottom of the screen. What is the function of the Prevent Default and Stop Propagation options?

Thanks

It will probably read as cliche, but it really is true. The manual is your friend, and honestly the documentation provided there is pretty good.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Component+Events+and+Actions

Prevent Default is used when you want to prevent the browsers default action from overriding your script. For instance as the manual give useful for preventing the browsers right click menu from showing up if you want a right click to trigger your action instead.

Stop Propagation tells the component not to forward the event further up the component hierarchy. Meaning that your button’s click event doesn’t also trigger a click event on the parent.

Here is an article about the Event model in JavaScript that should help you understand a bit more what happens and what you’re trying to prevent.

Event Bubbling and Event Catching in JavaScript and React – A Beginner's Guide.

Awesome, thank you. I did use the search field in the manual but did not land on the page you posted.

That helps a lot!