Connect directly to IO

I need to create an Ignition application that logs 4 analog points. Is there a way to connect to IO directly without using a PLC?
Data points will be 4-20ma or PT100 RTDs

I haven’t used the ADAM series in a long time, but its Modbus TCP support should work for you. Model ADAM-6017 or one of its siblings look right.

We’ve used ADAM 6015 as modbus TCP (Probably the similar setting)

The weird thing with those is to get the Values, you have to create the tag manually as I can recall and the OPC Item Path looks like [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR1, [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR2 and so forth.

[quote=“EricFrancoeur”]We’ve used ADAM 6015 as modbus TCP (Probably the similar setting)

The weird thing with those is to get the Values, you have to create the tag manually as I can recall and the OPC Item Path looks like [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR1, [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR2 and so forth.[/quote]

You’ll have to create the tag manually for any Modbus device. Modbus is a very simple protocol with no notion of browsing or discovery.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”][quote=“EricFrancoeur”]We’ve used ADAM 6015 as modbus TCP (Probably the similar setting)

The weird thing with those is to get the Values, you have to create the tag manually as I can recall and the OPC Item Path looks like [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR1, [Adam 6015 Burner 1]HR2 and so forth.[/quote]

You’ll have to create the tag manually for any Modbus device. Modbus is a very simple protocol with no notion of browsing or discovery.[/quote]

Just received the Adam. Very easy to setup and configure.
Manually created Modbus tags reading the HR registers and it work! Connected RTD to 4-20ma transmitter as input to Adam.