Connect ignition project with mobile

Hi,
I have perspective project in local host of my laptop… I want to acces that project in mobile.

I have download loaded ignition mobile app and pressed add gateway

Both are connected in same network

I mentioned my pc ip 192.168.1.6:8088

But its showing “host invalid”

This is first time i am trying to do this

Please any one help me out

Probably not best to give your actual IP address, private as it may be.

Your mobile device must be on the same network or have some other means of access to the same network as your Gateway. Without that, then it will not be able to find the gateway. Also, I believe it needs to be a URL, something along the lines of:

http:\\\0.0.0.0:8088

If your phone and your laptop are on the same network, then your PC IP should work.
What OS is your laptop running? Assuming it’s Windows, you probably need to open port 8088 in the default Windows firewall.

Windows… Both are connected in same network only… I will try to open the port 8088

Hi, PGriffith
I have developed Perspective project and running everything fine on same network ,& IP in same series like mobile, chrome, browser.
but next step I want o access this project when my device in different network. different IP Series,
I have done port setting 8088, SSL setting also but not getting success or my be I am missing out some think, can you help me or give steps to do this setting properly.?
Or do anyone having video for this so get clearly, or manual?

Thanks in advance,
Chandra

Can you ping the Gateway IP from the remote device?

No, actually what setting need to follow i am looking for that. like SSL setup Port change 8048, certificate like this.
because same network works fine, but other network not working like from other IP

This isn't an Ignition issue. It's a networking issue.

You must insure that the "new network" can be routed to the "old network". If the new network can not reach the gateway then you won't be able to open perspective, mobile app or otherwise.

If you have the gateway up and running on the "old network", then it's just a matter of reaching it from the "new network".

3 Likes

Thanks,
Can you please tell me what exactly setting need to be done for accessing from other network
like enable Ignition port address, enable SSL setting and so on,

if you know this to be done please share something,

i am got stuck to access my project from other network

and in some ware i read that SSL setting need to be enable .

It is typically a lot more than just enabling SSL. You must have your networks (infrastructure, not Ignition) set up to make Ignition reachable from wherever your mobile clients are and/or connect to your network.

If your mobile clients are using wifi under your (your organization's) control, it might be entirely an internal IT setup. If your mobile clients are using the public internet, you must set up many things, all outside Ignition. A public SSL certificate with domain name, at a minimum.

We cannot tell you exactly. If you don't know these network technologies, you should get your local IT to help you.

3 Likes