Connect to OPC UA Server

I’m trying to connect to a B&R Embedded OPC-UA Server.
I can connect to it with other OPC Clients from the same PC but not with Ignition.
Any help appreciated.

I have added it as an OPC Server Connection with the following settings:
Host: opc.tcp://172.16.211.127
Port: 4840
Security Policy: Basic128Rsa15
Message Security Mode: SignAndEncrypt
Username: admin
Password: password

I know these settings are correct as they work with the other OPC clients.
There may be a problem with certificates though. I can’t find much information on these and the other clients I am using both require to Trust the OPC Servers certificate. I cannot find how to do this in Ignition.

The error I’m getting in the OPC Servers Connection Status is:

com.inductiveautomation.opcua.UAException: null
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getAddress(TCPClientChannel.java:541)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.open(TCPClientChannel.java:227)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:84)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:72)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.util.ConnectionUtil.getEndpoint(ConnectionUtil.java:64)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.createUaClient(OpcUaConnection.java:523)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(OpcUaConnection.java:141)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.java:75)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.verifyConnectionState(OPCManagerImpl.java:742)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$OPCConnectionKeepalive.run(OPCManagerImpl.java:618)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:573)
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Does anybody know what this means?
Any ideas on what I can try?

Thanks
David

take opc.tcp:// off the front of your host setting. Just use the IP address.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your help.
I’d actually tried that, and also quite a few other combinations with no luck.
I eventually found the problem by looking at the logs in the System Console.
It turned out that the date on the OPC Server was set to 2007 and the TCPClientChannel had expired.
Once I got the supplier to correct the date it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.
David