Connect to PostgreSQL database that requires a security certificate

I am attempting to connect to a PostgreSQL database that requires security certificates. I have verified the path between my Ignition server and the server hosting the target database has no restrictions. I have saved the certificates to the appropriate location on my local machine. On the Ignition server, it tells me "Access denied" when I attempt to paste the certificates into the appropriate folder.

Here are some of the parameters of the DB I am connecting to.

Connect URL: jdbc:postgresql://35.222.104.4:5432/

Username: //I have input the appropriate username and password

Extra Connection Properties: sslmode=verify-ca;sslrootcert=C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\server-ca.pem;sslcert=C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\client-cert.pem;sslkey=C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\client-key.der

After saving those changes, I stop and start the Ignition Gateway so those changes take effect.

It appears Ignition cannot find the files.
The error codes I recieve are the following:
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open SSL root certificate file C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\server-ca.pem.)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Could not open SSL root certificate file C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\server-ca.pem.
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental\server-ca.pem (The system cannot find the file specified)

Then I thought I should put these certificate files on my Windows Ignition server at C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\certificates\supplemental. I get an "Access denied" prompt when attempting to paste the files even though I am logged in as an Administrator.

The person that manages the database tried it herself with a free ignition trial and was able to get it to connect.

Any ideas on what else I need to try?

"SOLVED"
I was able to achieve connection by putting the certificates in the appropriate folder on the gateway server.
I saw the "Access denied" because I was copying straight from my local machine to that folder. To put files in that folder, you need admin access. And to put files in there as an admin, i put the files on the desktop on the server, then to the folder.

1 Like