Connecting to 1756-L55 running firmware version 13

Looking for a little advice trying to connect to an older control logix processor. The processor is an 1756-L55 running version 13, and the ENBT card is on version 1.06. Ignition will not connect to it, are there firmware limitations on ignitions side?

We only test/support as low as firmware v16. Which driver are you trying to use? What errors do you get?

It just shows connecting, and I do not see any errors in the logs. I am using the control logix (legacy). I don’t believe, L55 processors cannot be upgraded to version 16.

It might be useful to set the loggers you find searching for “ControlLogixDriver” to DEBUG and then see if there are any new logs in the gateway is it tries to connect.

Are you sure you have the right IP address and slot or connection path configured?

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

Filtering for ControlLogixDriver just shows logs for other plc's but not for the one that will not connect. The IP and slot are definitely correct, I do not have anything entered for the connection setting, should this be set to something?

Did you change the level to DEBUG first in the little gear menu?

The processor is the one at 172.20.3.47.

Can you upload those logs somewhere? Or at least expand and show the details under the “Error connecting…” entry by clicking the “plus” on the right?

FYI last firmware for L55 is 16 according to PCDC.

ControlLogixDriver 12Nov2021 08:21:45 Error connecting to “172.20.3.47”.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.driver.api.AbstractSocketDriver.connect(AbstractSocketDriver.java:114)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.driver.api.AbstractDriver$5.run(AbstractDriver.java:731)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)|

Great, so you just have a network problem at this point.

That PLC either isn’t accepting your connection, or you have a firewall or routing problem, or you have the wrong IP address. It’s not getting far enough to know if firmware version is even a problem yet.

Aside from changing the IP address there’s no knobs to turn on the Ignition side right now. The problem is external.

Ok, Thanks

You are correct, I didnt scroll down in the software, 16 does show up.