Connecting to Schneider OFS

Hi,

I would appreciate some help in configuring the a new OPC Connection to communicate with Schneider OFS on a remote machine. I’m using a VPN to connect to the machine with OFS.

In the OPC Connections page, is ProgID the same as the PID reported by the task manager? Doesn’t this ID change when the computer reboots?

When I create a connection, it faults. This is the error message. I’m not sure if the denied access is due to an incorrect ProgID value or security.

Thank you,
Ali

com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComException: COM object method returns error code: 0x80070005; E_ACCESSDENIED (Access is denied.)

at com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComException.checkResult(SourceFile:172)

at com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComFunctions.coCreateInstanceEx(SourceFile:230)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.OpcEnum.instantiateServer(OpcEnum.java:76)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.OpcEnum.oleloop_getServerLister(OpcEnum.java:65)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.OpcEnum$GetClsidJob.internalRun(OpcEnum.java:196)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.OleJob.run(OleJob.java:48)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.OleJob.runInOleLoop(OleJob.java:27)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.OpcEnum.getClsIdForProgId(OpcEnum.java:97)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.COMServerImpl$ConnectServerJob.internalRun(COMServerImpl.java:692)

at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.OleJob.run(OleJob.java:48)

at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$ThreadSynchronizedAction.run(MessageLoopThread.java:620)

at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$LoopThread.run(MessageLoopThread.java:562)

Have you run through the steps in the manual yet?

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/OPC+COM

There’s also a KBA with more troubleshooting steps.

Run for your life and get yourself an OPC-UA server to talk to the Schneider devices. DCOM is a nightmare to get working :dizzy_face: