Connection to Gateway Lost on Ubuntu desktop 14.04

Hi ,
I am running redundant Ignition Gateways on Two Ubuntu 14.04 servers.
After a few days the ubuntu client machine gets disconnected to the server.
Somehow it is only the Ubuntu clients that get disconnected. Java 8 on ubuntu.
The windows client encounters no problem at all.
I have attached the log.
A solution would be immensely helpful.
error_log.pdf (30.5 KB)

We might be able to track this down with your help, but it’s a little tricky.

First, you’ll need to find the PID of the running Ignition client. You can do this with something like ‘ps aux | grep java’ and then maybe looking for one that has a project name in it if there are more than one results.

Then, maybe every couple hours, you could write the results of running ‘lsof -p $PID_FROM_ABOVE’ into a file (so if the PID was 97787, you’d run ‘lsof -p 97787’. After collecting enough of these files we can compare them to see if there’s a file handle “leak” somewhere.

Hi,

I have attached the java log files. Hope we can solve the problem.
err_01_10_1658.txt (175 KB)
err_01_10_1534.txt (183 KB)
err_01_10_1330.txt (117 KB)
err_01_10_1200.txt (131 KB)
err_01_10_1059.txt (126 KB)

It looks like something is opening /etc/environment without closing it… does that ring any bells? Do you have any scripts running that might do that?

i did see too many /etc/environment.
But I have no other script running. I simply installed Ubuntu desktop 14.04, installed Java and only used it as an Ignition Client.
I have not written any scripts.
Java does not come pre installed in Ubuntu too, so it is unlikely that the Operating system is running any scripts, in my opinion.

I meant scripts in your Ignition project… but I don’t even know what or why you would need to be opening /etc/environment :/

I have only one script running in this project.
The script populates a dropdown menu and then fills a chart, depending on the selection of the tag in the dropdown menu.

Are you able to launch using the native client launchers?

Yes, the native client launcher works.

Ok, let’s try using this program then: file-leak-detector.kohsuke.org/

All you’ll need to do is download the jar, then run it, specifying the PID of the client. Make sure to launch it with the native client launcher or this tool won’t be able to attach successfully.

If the PID were 33783:

java -jar file-leak-detector-1.8-jar-with-dependencies.jar 33783 strong,http=8888

Then after a little while check localhost:8888 in your browser and hopefully you’ll have some helpful information about which files are open and where they were opened from…

Hi…

I installed the leak detector and ran the application for more than two weeks.
Surprisingly after using the leak detector program, there are no leaks… :open_mouth:

Trying to run this against a headless linux install. Don’t seem to be able to access the http Mini from remote stataion by Name or IP. If i use curl I can see it at localhost.

I did use port 8888 and there was nothing on that port.

Any ideas on this one?