PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“10”
VERSION=“10 (buster)”
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian

Running Ignition Edge 8.1.3

I was trying to connect a siemens S7-1200 1211C to the edge device to it but I cant get it to connect through a switch or directly into it.
So I have a copy of ignition running on my PC and I used the exact same settings and configuration and it connects no problem. Is there something i am missing about edge that would stop this from connecting?

Many Thanks
Regards
Stephen

I don’t think there’s anything fundamental about Edge that would prevent it from working. It’s probably a networking issue.

What kind of error message did you see in the logs on the Edge gateway?

Hi Kevin

I didn’t see anything in the logs as i had an MQTT issue as well and it was filling up the log. it kept trying to connect but never got there.
I unplugged the network cable from the edge device (Pi) and plugged it into my PC that has the full Ignition Gateway running and used the same settings only difference is that the PC IP address was ending 21 and the edge device IP address was ending 20. The other is Ignition Edge and Ignition.
Any other ideas? Is my Device Faulty?
Thanks
Stephen

Can you try again and get the logs?

Hi Kevin

Just tried that again but i deleted the MQTT module so the log file was not filling up.
It appears that it is not logging any faults in relation to the connection.

I

Thanks for the response.

Hi Kevin

I forgot to mention that the PLC network cable was unplugged for the first screenshot with 16.25 left in trial mode and the other one was with the PLC network cable plugged in. with 0786 left in trial mode.
Thanks
Regards
Stephen