Console scripting works when accessing the internet but gateway timer scripts dont

hello!
here is the log, im trying to read a table from the internet and i see it in script console everything works great unless i use gateway timer scripts i tried doing it on the client side and didn't work either. could this be an IT thing if so how does the script console get access to the internet but the gateway doesn't this is also version 7.9.4

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.JythonExecException: Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 4, in IOError: Connection reset

at org.python.core.Py.fromIOException(Py.java:215)
at org.python.core.Py.IOError(Py.java:178)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.builtin.AbstractNetUtilities.httpGet(AbstractNetUtilities.java:258)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor764.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.call(PyReflectedFunction.java:186)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager$ReflectedInstanceFunction.call(ScriptManager.java:438)
at org.python.core.PyObject.call(PyObject.java:387)
at org.python.core.PyObject.call(PyObject.java:391)
at org.python.pycode._pyx1912.f$0(:31)
at org.python.pycode._pyx1912.call_function()
at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:165)
at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java:18)
at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java:1275)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.runCode(ScriptManager.java:657)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.runCode(ScriptManager.java:616)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.TimerScriptTask.run(TimerScriptTask.java:86)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Caused by: org.python.core.PyException: Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 4, in IOError: Connection reset

The script console is using the internet of whatever machine you're using to run the designer.

The gateway timer script is using the internet of the gateway. I'm assuming your IT is blocking internet access to that PC

1 Like

yea ignition is ran on a computer that doesn't have internet access but im on designer on a rdp that has internet access, is there any other way of making this work?

Not in a gateway timer script. How would you imagine that working? As the name implies, gateway scripts are being evaluated by the gateway.

So, no.

1 Like

Well, what are you trying to do? If it's in a timer script, why; you're trying to pull some data in periodically?
It's a not great idea, and I would recommend against it, but you could have client timer script that runs, pulls data, writes it into a tag. It would only run while a client is open, which is the biggest problem with it, but it's possible.

Well, and then crushes you when a dozen clients are open.

@Elie_Khananya, your gateway needs internet access, to, you know, access the internet.

3 Likes

thats a huge bummer, well thanks!