Context menu on Root Container

If I click on a page root container, I get the following context menu:
immagine
Any idea on how to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance, regards

Add a click event handler, and specify that it should Prevent Default:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/New+in+this+Version#NewinthisVersion-ComponentEvents

Hi PGriffith, thanks for your answer. I forgot to tell you that I’m using Vision and not Perspective (the page you pointed to is speaking about Perspective, as far as I understand).
Maybe the solution is just the same, isn’t it?

Thanks, regards

Ah, yeah, it’s going to be different for Vision. That said - you’re getting this context menu in the client session? If so, it looks like it’s being specifically added by a script somewhere. Start with mouse event handlers - https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Component+Events#ComponentEvents-MouseEventHandlers

I don’t speak Italian, but from google translate it looks like a set of standard controls; you could try looking through the project (Ctrl + F) for calls to system.gui.createPopupMenu - there might be a common project script being called on popup menus to add that handler.

If I create just a blank new page with no mouse event handler and I click the Root Container with the right mouse button I get that popup menu: I don’t think I have a hidden mouse event handler anywhere calling system.gui.createPopupMenu.

This bug is still present in Vision v8.1.7:

When you create a new empty Main Window and run it (F10) the right-click menu is there…
I don’t want it, I didn’t configure it, so why is there? How to get rid of it?

1 Like

I didn’t do my due diligence originally - this is an artifact of the new look and feel. I don’t know how to disable it, but I’m looking into it.

1 Like

This won’t be fixed in the next round of LaF changes (landing Soon :tm:) but should be possible to disable in a future release, once we get a build of the LaF that allows it to be toggled.

Is there any news about that (not wanted) right-click menu in Vision in Ignition v8.1.12?
It’s super annoying… :roll_eyes:

We have one updated look and feel (to fix this issue), but are waiting on some other pending Vision issues so we can do the upgrade in one piece.

1 Like

OK, great.
Is there any timetable for this…?

Nothing I can guarantee. The earliest I can see would be 8.1.14.