ControlLogix device shows Disconnected with EIP indiction

So I am getting this problem where I know the PLC is connected properly but Ignition will not talk to the device.

I’m using a ControlLogix5555 PLC.

I’ll copy and paste what the support center on the website says.

[quote]
Problem
ControlLogix device shows Disconnected with EIP Protocol indication. The Ignition driver will not fully connect or browse the processor.
When the A-B Processor Sercurity utility is used it blocks reading the processor edit number as wel as browse operations.

Resolution
Currently, turning off the processor security is the only way. If the ControlLogix driver is connected and then the security is turned on, it will work. This is risky because if the connection is lost, it will not reconnect until the processor security is turned off.[/quote]

Now how do I turn off processor security so I can connect to this device? Where is this toggled?

Thanks,

Doug

So I found the CPU security utility and figured out how to disable processor security but it was already disabled. I tried enabling it and then disabling it and still no change with Ignition.

Still getting:

"Disconnected

Protocol: EIP"

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

What version of Ignition are you on? Can you export your logs from the Console area on the gateway and send them in?

I am on Version 7.5.1 and I’ll attach my log file to this post.
logs[1].bin.gz (78.2 KB)

Use the RSLogix 5000 Software CPU Lock Security Tool

If you can use RSLogix 5000 to connect to the processor with entering a password, then it is not the issue.

[quote=“thechtman”]Use the RSLogix 5000 Software CPU Lock Security Tool

If you can use RSLogix 5000 to connect to the processor with entering a password, then it is not the issue.[/quote]

Don’t you mean “If you can use RSLogix 5000 to connect to the processor without entering a password”

It says the processor security should be off meaning I would want it in the state where I do not need to enter a password. Or am I mistaken?

Are you still trying to use “EXILE-C306C70C4!AB_ETHIP-1\10.28.210.110\Backplane\1” as your hostname?

No, I was just trying different host names when it wasn’t working.

I now just have the IP address of the device in the hostname field.

Can you call into support some time today and let them take a look? There’s nothing obvious showing up in the logs.

Yeah of course, thanks for your help.

About the security you are correct. If no password is required, then security is not turned on. By requiring a password, it locks access to the processor. This includes RSLogix and any other system reading tags.

A side thought: is the slot or connection path set correctly?

The Processor is in slot 1 and I put that in the “Slot Number” field.

I don’t have anything in the “Connection Path” field as I figured I just ignore that if I have the “Slot Number” field filled in.

I wasn’t sure where to find the connection path. It says “See documentation for more details” but I wasn’t sure if that was PLC documentation or Ignition documentation.

How can I find my connection path?

Cheers

Yes, we are behind on getting the connection path data into the manual. It will be coming. For now look at this forum post. http://www.inductiveautomation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5228&p=15005&hilit=ControlLogix+Connection+Path#p15005

Yes, if you are connecting using a ENBT or other Ethernet module to the chassis containing the processor, then you don’t need to enter a connection path. Just set the slot number like you are doing.

Sounds like a call into tech support is probably the best way to narrow in on the problem.