Copy and Pasting Numeric Text Fields

Whenever I copy and paste a Numeric Text Field, the border gets reset to Other Border even if the one i’m copying from is set to no border. This also happens to all the fields when closing and reopening the project from the Designer Launcher.

That is really weird. What version are you on?

Might need to reach out to support on this. (if upgrading to latest version doesn’t help)

8.1.19, and yeah, I’ve reached out to them too

@zachary_larick very interesting indeed. I believe there are some bugs they working out.

I just found a work around. And will go through it below.

Temp Solution:
I changed the field to “button border” at which point it copies now with no border. Still very weird.

If you fancy here is the XML of that field correctly: copying and pasting this will give you what you want.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<objects fpmi.archive.type="components" framework.version="8.1.7.2021060314" com.inductiveautomation.vision.version="11.1.7.0" timestamp="Tue Aug 16 07:36:24 PDT 2022">
	<arraylist len="0"/>
	<c cls="com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.PMINumericTextField">
		<c-comm>
			<p2df>64.0;22.0</p2df>
			<r2dd>270.0;258.0;64.0;22.0</r2dd>
			<str>Numeric Text Field 1</str>
			<lc>270.0;258.0;16;0;-;-</lc>
		</c-comm>
		<c-c m="setBorder" s="1;border"><o cls="com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gui.border.ButtonBorder"/></c-c>
	</c>
</objects>

The difference is this line <c-c m="setBorder" s="1;border"><o cls="com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.gui.border.ButtonBorder"/></c-c>

which in the non working version is this line: <c-c m="setBorder" s="1;border"><null/></c-c>

It seems to be not copying the class and leaving it null.

Not sure why it doesn’t copy correctly, definitely something they will have to look into on their end.

Tagging in @PGriffith and @Kevin.Herron for more info.

1 Like

It’s probably a bug. Saw this question in support this morning, so I assume you’ve got a ticket open and they’ll eventually make a bug ticket.

1 Like

Thank you for the temp solution! Support did confirm it was a bug.

1 Like