Copying components from a Template into a Window

I’m trying to copy a group of objects from inside of a Template (e.g. a Hand symbol) and paste it onto a screen/window, but i get the error: Unable to paste because of an unsatisfied object dependency. Can’t find component:

I don’t want to paste it as a reference, I want to paste it as a standard object… Can I do this?

And a related question: can you ‘paste in place’ in Ignition? e.g. paste an object into the same coordinates that it was copied from.

Thanks!

Nick

[quote=“nminchin”]I’m trying to copy a group of objects from inside of a Template (e.g. a Hand symbol) and paste it onto a screen/window, but i get the error: Unable to paste because of an unsatisfied object dependency. Can’t find component:

I don’t want to paste it as a reference, I want to paste it as a standard object… Can I do this?[/quote]Hmmm. I would have thought so. Try pasting into a text editor and see what you get.[quote=“nminchin”]And a related question: can you ‘paste in place’ in Ignition? e.g. paste an object into the same coordinates that it was copied from.[/quote]Yes. It’s called “Paste Immediate” and is set to Ctrl-I.

I pasted the clipboard into notepad and it pasted in a whole bunch of text. Pasting into ignition didn’t work, however in the notepad text I searched for the line that had the template name in it that it was complaining it couldn’t find a reference for, and deleted the whole line.

I copied the text and pasted into Ignition and this worked :mrgreen: thanks!

I deleted this line, where Tank (Overview) Base is the template name:

<o-c m="_setSymbolicSourcePath" s="1;str"><str id="3">Tank (Overview) Base</str></o-c>

This was the only reference to the template.

1 Like