Could not initialize class: chromium.BrowserContext

I have a windows xp box running a vision client, I installed chrome and the last version of chromium released for XP that I could find. The client itself works fine, but I added a system.util.retarget() function which fails with the following error.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. Could not initialize class com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowerContext.

No, I can’t get around using windows xp for licensing problems.

It seems that I need to install jxbrowser, but the only download files I’ve found are .jar files. How do I use those on the client computer for vision?

That's not how it works... the web browser component includes JXBrowser and all the files it needs. But JXBrowser does not support Windows XP.

Are you retargeting to a project that uses the WebBrowser component? Same gateway or another gateway? What are the versions involved?

I’m retargeting to a different project on the same gateway and neither project is using the web browser component. 7.9.16.

Sounds like maybe a bug with retargeting. If you aren’t using the browser component in any of your projects then uninstalling the module would probably fix this.

I’ve opened a ticket for this, IGN-3850 if you need to reference at some point.

Thanks, I don’t think I have made use of the browser component anywhere. I will try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists.

Uninstalling the browser module worked. :+1: