CPU High Usage!

Hello all,

I am seeing a 100% CPU Usage on my gateway and I am not sure what is causing it. How can I figure out the issue?

Status Overview:

Threads:

In the logs, I see repeated info logs from client session which have the message "WebSocket disconnected from sessions" and I have many warning messages from client session with the message "Received event for missing view". I do have the views so I am not sure why it says missing view.

thanks in advance

You'll have to provide us with a bit more detail for anyone to know where to point you to start looking. Provide specifications on your gateway server (RAM, CPU cores, vm/baremetal, sharing a VM with a db, etc), as well as the number of connected devices and normal amount of perspective sessions you have connected. If you have a large amount of trending in perspective that can put a large load on your gateway.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the sizing guide from IA. You may just be running an undersized server for your workload.

The sizing guide is written for Vision. For a more accurate supplement, see this topic:

1 Like

Easiest way is to contact support so they can peek at your stuff.

I agree that calling support is your best course of action.

I will add that I've seen cameras drive up CPU utilization if your camera settings are aggressively streaming frames to an HMI client. If you're using a camera, try temporarily removing that and see where you're at. If it is the camera you can adjust the configuration to cut CPU utilization.