Create animations effect in ignition

Does anyone have any idea how IQ solutions can create such complicated animations effect with ignition?

it’s seems to me it is not possible

An insane use of system.gui.transform() :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think that may be part of it, but on rewatching those videos, I think a lot of that has been “added in post”, so to speak - you would have a hard time implementing many of those effects with your own Java application, let alone working from the limited scope of Ignition’s scripting.

That said, if they did pull it off “for real” it’s incredibly impressive - but also seems fundamentally pointless. Industrial HMIs don’t have to be ugly, but animating every window open and every component loading in on that window is just going to get in the way of skilled operators - the only use for animations like that is impressing management :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m trying to find more examples using system.gui.transform(). I read what’s in the manual do you have anymore examples?

I have an ‘image’ on a window that is larger than the window. I want to move the image around, using the x,y coords. Will you point me in the right direction for getting coords as well? Thanks