Create group templates

How can I create groups instead of templates to speed up rendering. Similar to how my symbolfactory library works,
I’d like to pull my created shapes from a library somehow and drag them into a template so my load speeds don’t suffer.
I would like to access these shapes as groups since Ignition does not seem to handle nested templates for me.

You can create a Custom Palette within the designer for your objects. Refer to the link below for the Ignition Users Manual. You can find the directions by following Project Design>Windows, Components, and Templates>Components>Creating Shapes and Components>Custom Palettes.

Before you save your object to the Custom Palette, you can group the objects together, this will essentially give you the same functionality as an SVG.

inductiveautomation.com/support/ … /ignition/

[quote=“Greg.Simpson”]You can create a Custom Palette within the designer for your objects. Refer to the link below for the Ignition Users Manual. You can find the directions by following Project Design>Windows, Components, and Templates>Components>Creating Shapes and Components>Custom Palettes.

Before you save your object to the Custom Palette, you can group the objects together, this will essentially give you the same functionality as an SVG.

inductiveautomation.com/support/ … /ignition/[/quote]

This is above and beyond what i wanted… Thanks, now I can rotate my objects!!! I was told this wasn’t possible before

Oops! We learn something new everyday! Glad to hear this worked out for you! :smiley: