CreateMonitoredItemsCall?

We are in start-up at a new plant and every morning when I come in the client machines are very sluggish and I am seeing the following error in the system console.

[quote]6:29:28 AM CreateMonitoredItemsCall Call failed server-side with StatusCode: StatusCode[0x80280000, Severity=Bad, Subcode=Bad_SubscriptionIdInvalid]. Bad_SubscriptionIdInvalid
6:29:28 AM CreateMonitoredItemsService Returning ServiceFault for request: [CreateMonitoredItemsRequest requestHandle=380824]. StatusCode=StatusCode[0x80280000, Severity=Bad, Subcode=Bad_SubscriptionIdInvalid][/quote]

Restarting OPCUA seems to fix the problem.

Any ideas on where to look for a solution?

Ig 7.5.5
Windows Server 2012

Thanks

This kind of thing should be fixed in 7.5.8 and 7.6.x releases. Can you upgrade?

If it still happens after upgrading go ahead and export your logs.bin.gz file and send it into support.

Thanks Kevin,

I am downloading 7.5.8 now and will give it a try.

Just to add some more information, there’s basically two scenarios in which this can happen:

1. You have one or more fast (sub-second) scan classes and are experiencing abnormally long GC pauses or system pauses (running in a poorly provisioned VM, for example).

2. Your system clock is changing by relatively large amounts of time at once (also prevalent in VMs for some reason, but not exclusive to VMs).

Ignition 7.5.8 and 7.6.0 don’t make this problem go away, but they do include logic in the UA client to detect when it has happened and (hopefully) tear down and set up the subscriptions again. So instead of a permanent disruption like you’re experiencing now, there will likely be a very short, temporary disruption.

The real solution is to synchronize your clock often enough on the server running Ignition that you don’t swing by 10+ minutes at a time when it finally does sync.