CSS :has new since 09-2022 Removes the C out of CSS!

Seems i missed something this month…
Chrome edge and safari have released :has selector this month!

Doubt it will be working in the designer anytime soon, but in the browser this is gonna be BIG!
Gotta get your users to update to the latest version though :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont seem to be able to search for the posts that i mentioned this feature (has is way to commonly used xd) , so if you remember any, link them so i can finnaly solve them :smiley:

1 Like

As a non-css guru trying to understand this.

Does this selector essentially look inside the component to see if there is a matching child component inside it? ie. maybe you could look inside a component to see if it contains a specific domId or something like that?

yes!
This basicly removes the C(ascading) out of css :o (not really but still) Its really crazy big

1 Like

I can’t contribute much to this conversation… but I can link some docs! :smiley:

1 Like

I was reading an interesting article on the future of CSS today, and this caught my eye causing me to remember this post:

1 Like

Some of those seem nice :smiley: but like he said its not gonna happen any time soon, and i have my doubts on those html/css charts xd Its gonna be really though to make something worth using there instead of any of the vastily more complex charts with tons of js functions.

1 Like