I have been running a script in Ignition on a 15 second timer which opens a CSV file created by another application and reads the information currently stored to be displayed on a window I have created. The information is stored by the other application on a 5 minute timer, replacing the file each time it updates. (The 15 second timer is for me to see the changes on the screen without a long wait during debug. I don’t expect to run this much faster than 1 minute because it only has to keep up with periodic changes made by the production floor supervisors, but display their information in a timely basis. I set the other application rate up to 5 minutes for now because it interrupts my screen with a cmd prompt which is annoying at 5 minutes and more so at a higher rate!)
Most everything seems to run in my test environment except that periodically the window stops updating even though I know the data is new and can clearly see there was a change in the CSV file (preview pane in explorer). All the previous data stays on the screen like it never sees a different file.
I added print statements to the Console and can follow the progression of the script. The script repeats on the 15 second cycle, but the data I am reading (size, number of rows and information) does not match the CSV file but matches the old CSV file that doesn’t exist anymore.