Cursor not changing in browser session

(This is 8.1.15, Perspective, running on Ubuntu 21.10 64 bit, using Firefox 99.0.1 64 bit for the sessions)

I have just noticed that a cursor configuration I created only works in the designer, and not when running the perspective view from the browser.

To test this, I created a test view using a cylindrical tank as the only object, and set the cursor to be “hand” when the mouse pointer floats over it:

In the designer, this works as expected:

Tank_inDesigner

But when I ran the session, the cursor remained as the standard mouse pointer:

Tank_InBrowser

I have saved the project multiple times (just to be sure everything was committed), so is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

Try opening browser dev tools and confirming that the style is being applied correctly to the object, as a first step.

Not sure what browser you are using.

But according to CSS cursor property hand is not a valid css cursor property. The closest they list is grab or grabbing. I would attempt to use one of those and retry.

1 Like

Yep, the issue was the name of the cursor I wanted to use. In looking through the accepted styles I actually want “pointer”.

@PGriffith I blame you! In the solution to another one of my questions you put the word “hand” into my head. And when I tried it in the designer it actually worked!

It seems that in the designer there is some alias from “hand” to “pointer” that doesn’t exist in the browser that I am using.

@andrews At the top of my post I listed the browser that I am using - Firefox 99.0.1

1 Like

@peter I missed that in the OG and missed the pointer property lol my bad. But glad I could help.

2 Likes

@peter hand is a valid cursor property in Vision. Which is why it works in the designer I’m assuming. But the web browser won’t render it because its most likely java related.

All I can imagine then is that both the Perspective and Vision designers share some common code in this area, and that code should be aware of what system is actually running, when it is in fact not.

Vision’s web browser component and the designer’s browser for Perspective are wrapped around a Chromium core. What is your external browser?

As per my initial post, it’s Firefox 99.0.1. But as per @andrews reply, “hand” is not a valid css cursor.