Custom module.xml Values?

Can I define custom values within the module.xml file without any negative impact? I’ve got a module with two or more JAR’s within it. Each JAR has values defined within its manifest, was wondering if I could treat module.xml like the module’s manifest.

Looking at the current implementation of the module.xml parser this should be ok. There’s definitely not any logic that stops the parsing or module loading when an unexpected element is encountered.

I guess the definitive answer is whether your module still loads into the gateway with your custom elements. :smiling_imp:

I don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t be ok or that we’d change that behavior in the future, so carry on!

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Looking at the current implementation of the module.xml parser this should be ok. There’s definitely not any logic that stops the parsing or module loading when an unexpected element is encountered.

I guess the definitive answer is whether your module still loads into the gateway with your custom elements. :smiling_imp:

I don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t be ok or that we’d change that behavior in the future, so carry on![/quote]
Excellent, thanks!