Custom Shortcuts

Hey. We’ve just updated to latest 7.7.5 and one feature still not available that we’d love to see is custom shortcuts. It would be great to have hotkeys for things like group/ungroup or alignment tools. Is that something in the works for future update? Thanks.

Sounds like a good idea for a custom module… I think I’ll put this on my to-do list. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to see what you come up with, Phil! :slight_smile:

In the meantime, if you are running Windows, you may want to consider using something like AutoHotKey, one of my favorite scripting tools, to give you the same functionality.

Here’s a sample for Group and Ungroup:

[code];Match can be anywhere in Window Title
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

; Igniiton Designer Group Ctrl-G

^G::
IfWinActive, Ignition Designer
{
Click 200,40
Click 240,65
}

; Ignition Designer Ungroup Ctrl-Shift-G
^+G::
IfWinActive, Ignition Designer
{
Click 200,40
Click 240,85
}[/code]

Not sure on the Linux side of life. Maybe xdotool? I’m not linux-y enough yet to say. :laughing:

For Linux you could use autokey. It’s interesting because you write its scripts in Python.

However, I have had mixed results using utilities like this with Java apps, with keypresses not working reliably - for example if you try to open a menu and move the selection down and click on a menu item.

As am I, Phil! Please let us know if you come up with something, thanks.

I did look into AutoHotKey. It may be a solution for the meantime, but I will need to spend more time with it to get it to work the way I want. Plus, I would have to replicate it on all the computers we have along with new ones as they arrive. Something built-in would be more appealing. Thanks for the idea.