Customise Comments Table

Hi

It would be useful if the sticky check box text could be changed to suit different uses. I would like to be able to change it to an action item

Thanks

Aidan

You mean you want to change the text on that checkbox to say something else? But the functionality remains the same?

Hi Carl

Yes that is what I mean. Instead of it saying sticky have it say Action item

Thanks

Aidan

Ok, that should be easy enough.

Hi Carl

Can you also check out the delete options. The owner deletes does not seem to work for me. The any deletes shows the delete option but the owner selection does not work. I am using a username instead of a user ID so maybe this is why it is not working

Thanks

Aidan

I have some suggestions also.

how about the ability to add in some pre-defined comments instead of having to type them in? like a drop down box and you select the comment you want to use.

Hi Guys

I have another question regarding the comments panel. Not sure if this is possible at the moment but I am finding that it would be quite handy to have events for the various buttons on the panel such as the plus sign to add a note, the add note button and the cancel button. I am finding that empty posts are getting added. I am not sure of a way to prevent this. It would also be good if dynamic properties could be added to the comments panel.

Thanks

Aidan

Hi

Just wondering if any of the changes have been made to the comments panel. I have not seen any changes to it mentioned in the last couple of change logs

Thanks

Aidan

Ok, we’ve added in the customizable text feature.

Owner-deletes works for me. It is checking the username (not ID) against the currently logged-in user. It is case sensitive. Are you not using normal authentication maybe in your project? Maybe call in and we can try and troubleshoot why it’s not working.

The idea of pre-canned entries is a good one, but didn’t make it for 7.3. This should be easy enough to do yourself. You can either make a fairly decent comment panel of your own with an editable dropdown and a table component. Or you could use your own components to add entries into whatever table the comments panel is pulling from.

Hi Carl

thanks for adding that change. My username was in upper case which was causing the owner delete problem

Aidan